MISSION OF (FIO)
The mission of (FIO) is to dismantle the Ethiopian Colonial system, liberate the Oromo people languishing under the tyranny of Abyssinian colonial oppression, and replace it with the just system in which the right of the Oromo people to national self- determination is fully recognized and realized. The right of every Oromo to life, liberty, and prosperity shall be restored. Freedom shall be for all citizens of Oromia.
THE GUIDING PRINCIPLES OF FIO
The following shall be the guiding principle of FIO: POLITICAL PROGRAM OF FRONT FOR INDEPENDENCE OF OROMIA
1. An unconditional recognition of the legitimate right of the people of Oromia to self-determination which practically means the realization of national independence and the removal of the Ethiopian colonial state.
2. The observance of human rights in the post-colonial Oromia
3. The full realization of the democratic rights of the citizens of Oromia-under the INDEPENDENT DEMOCRATIC REBUBLIC OF OROMIA
4. The observance of international laws and conventions
5. The basement complex on which the Oromo struggle is built is Oromo nationalism or Oromummaa-one indissoluble nation with one future and destiny. FIO shall endeavor for the creation of a democratic society anchored on Gada democracy and directed by the principle of justice and Rule of Law.
6. The people of Oromia shall be the supreme authority and determine the final political status of the future of the nation through a free and democratic process.
7. FIO is a secular national revolutionary democratic organization and treats all religions and faiths equally. There shall never be affiliation between state and religion.
8. FIO recognizes the right of other nationalities in Oromia to determine their own destiny without any intimidation and coercion.